Run DMT

I'm a mom on the run!

Run DMT - I'm a mom on the run!

Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

HorrorFFF Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!With my decision to lose 40 pound before I turn 40, I’ve decided to incorporate more meatless dishes into our family menu.   However, this is no easy task since my oldest daughter is a hardcore carnivore.  To keep everyone happy when planning our menu for the week, I plan a couple of meat dishes and a few vegetarian dishes.  But eating the same family favorites over and over is tedious.  My taste buds crave trying new foods.

Last week, while strolling through the freezer section of my supermarket, I spotted Publix’s version of veggie burgers.  Memories of eating and enjoying veggie burgers during my vegetarian days B.C. (before children) flooded my mind.   Since I love several of Publix’s store brand products, I decided to try the Greenwise Garden Style Veggie Burgers to see how my family would respond to the reasonably priced beefless burgers.

VegBurgers Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

As I guessed, the Greenwise Garden Style Veggie Burgers were the BOMB!  The combination of flavors (mushrooms, carrot, red and green bell peppers) was delicious.

Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

I grilled the burgers under the broiler to give them a little crisp and served them to my family on fresh Kaiser rolls (from the Publix bakery, of course) topped with some lettuce.  I ate mine on a wheat Kaiser, topped with a slice of low fat Provolone cheese, red onions, tomatoes, guacamole, some lettuce and a side of cole slaw.

Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

I enjoyed every bite of my veggie burger and it was better than I remembered.

Now link up and see what If I Could Escape and Gone Bananas are serving for this week’s Friday Food Fight.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

*Also submitted at*

08Nov21 gmbs 1 1 Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

finer things friday Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

Living life as a mom on the run between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 11, 7, 2). Before a blissful life as a SAHM, I taught elementary school for 7 years. In 2007, I discovered a passion for running. I'm currently training for a fourth marathon as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. In my spare time, I am the lead organizer for the Tampa Bay Bloggers on Facebook. I'm currently training for two marathons as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. From start to finish, I'm a mom on the run trying maintain an easy pace through it all.

twitter Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!facebook Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!linkedin Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!pinterest Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!youtube Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!yelp Greenwise Burgers are THE BOMB!

• Dina @ 4 Lettre Words says:

I pretty much love all-things-Publix. We will definitely give these a try!

Have a wonderful weekend!

28 January, 2011 at 8:45 am
    • Patrick Fletcher says:

Yeah, thanks 4 the insider info. I will be trying the Publix Greenwise brand veggie burgers soon also.

4 March, 2011 at 10:01 pm
  • debi9kids says:

That does look good and I’m a meat eater :)

28 January, 2011 at 9:01 am
  • sara says:

These look YUMMMMM! I’m definitely going to swing by the freezer case to check them out.

28 January, 2011 at 10:20 am
  • kirsty815 says:

YUM! I’m picking some up today! My FFF is going to be late today, but will have it up in a little while! I was not as good as you this week! lol ;-)

28 January, 2011 at 10:46 am
  • Self Sagacity says:

Wow! Thanks for the tip on the hamburger. I can’t wait to see if we have some in our grocery market.

28 January, 2011 at 12:22 pm
  • Lolli says:

Yum! I think I’m hungry, because that looks heavenly!

28 January, 2011 at 2:23 pm
  • Cecily R says:

You make healthy burgers actually look appealing…I might even be able to talk my husband into trying one if I show him your pictures!!

28 January, 2011 at 3:38 pm
  • JamericanSpice says:

You have burgers! GMTA!

Now I want to try veggie burgers!
    I don’t think we have a Publix though. I will have to check.

I hope you reach your goal by the time.

28 January, 2011 at 9:39 pm
    • Patrick Fletcher says:

Boca brand burgers are good 2.

4 March, 2011 at 9:58 pm
  • liveinthebadlands says:

It does look good had me going till I read there were mushrooms in it!

28 January, 2011 at 11:02 pm
  • John says:

I am a hardcore carnivore who, I hate to admit, often gives vegetarians a hard time just for the fun of it. But I did eat one of these burgers a while ago and I thought it was very good.

28 January, 2011 at 11:39 pm
  • ofelianj says:

It’s amazing how the mindset helps when trying new things. Even better when an old favorite lives up to your expectations. I’ll be on alert for any other new foods you try – setting a number goal always makes me hesitant.

29 January, 2011 at 10:13 am
  • Carolyn G says:

I tried veggie burgers but can’t get past the no meat thing. But it is a good idea to start going a little veg. I am doing at least 2 meatless days a week!

29 January, 2011 at 11:15 am
  • eventheniceone says:

Mmmm, looks TASTY

29 January, 2011 at 3:58 pm
  • Joscelyn@MamiofMultiples.com says:

I’m so trying Greenwise Garden Style Veggie Burgers at Publix! Thanks for sharing this.

29 January, 2011 at 8:03 pm
  • Andrea says:

Yum. Looks good to me! (I”m a veggie burger fan!)

30 January, 2011 at 12:10 am
  • Migdalia - @MsLatina says:

I like veggie burgers too but sadly my boys don’t. I usually get the Costco brand but since my boys won’t eat them and there are so many patties in the package I’m usually tired of them before I finish the package. At this point I’m taking a break from them but seeing your post reminded me of why I liked them in the 1st place :) so I’m going to take the plunge and buy another package this week!

30 January, 2011 at 1:08 am
  • Betty says:

I started Weight Watchers 4 weeks ago. I found these Green Wise Veggy Burger two weeks ago. I was thrilled with the taste and satisfaction. I love them! I have used up two boxes! And need more!
    I Also purchased Arnolds Sandwich thins. The usual condiments and 15 Fat Free Pringles B.Q chips 5 Weight Watcher’s points! I love meat but I am content and losing weight! :)

25 November, 2011 at 9:42 pm
    • Run DMT says:

That’s wonderful to hear and it sounds like you’re off to a great start! Good luck with the weight loss! Please visit again and keep me posted on the progress. :-)

26 November, 2011 at 7:58 am