Run DMT

I'm a mom on the run!

Run DMT - I'm a mom on the run!

Let It Grow for Earth Day

With Earth Day less than a week away, a song from The Lorax for Music Monday seemed like an appropriate choice.  Although videos from The Lorax soundtrack are not available on You Tube, I found a wonderful adaption to Let It Grow by PS 22 Chorus.  These kids are amazing!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/IGMKzUbwXiE?version=3&hl=en_US]

The PS 22 Chorus preformed the song as part of NEA’s Read Across America with a reading of The Lorax by Danny Devito and Zac Efron.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/S0T2Yed8eIc?version=3&hl=en_US]

Though the lyrics are simple, an all too important message rings loud and clear.  With their sweet, yet powerful young voices, these kids remind us how we can make the world a better place by protecting, nurturing and growing the gifts we have to give the world.

“UNLESS someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better.
It’s not.”
– Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/27JZzSgcY20?version=3&hl=en_US]

Let It Grow for Earth Day

Let It Grow for Earth Day

Visit Xmas Dolly , Hairbows & Guitar Picks and Jade Louise Designs for more Music Monday fun.

Denise Mestanza-Taylor+

Let It Grow for Earth Day

Living life as a mom on the run between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 11, 7, 2). Before a blissful life as a SAHM, I taught elementary school for 7 years. In 2007, I discovered a passion for running. I'm currently training for a fourth marathon as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. In my spare time, I am the lead organizer for the Tampa Bay Bloggers on Facebook. I'm currently training for two marathons as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. From start to finish, I'm a mom on the run trying maintain an easy pace through it all.

twitter Let It Grow for Earth Dayfacebook Let It Grow for Earth Daylinkedin Let It Grow for Earth Daypinterest Let It Grow for Earth Dayyoutube Let It Grow for Earth Dayyelp Let It Grow for Earth Day

Category: fun, Life, Music Monday
  • kyooty says:

It’s a great lesson. :)we are tilling up the yard this sprin for the boys to plant a few things.

16 April, 2012 at 9:31 am
  • loricaswell says:

I have to go see this movie. Looks perfect for my grandson. He is going to love these songs!!

16 April, 2012 at 10:35 am
  • royalegacy says:

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.

16 April, 2012 at 11:59 am
  • Cathy Kennedy says:

What a cute post! I think the characters in this movie are cute, too. I don’t reckon we’ll be seeing it. No more small fries in our house. Thanks for linking up and sharing some fun!

16 April, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  • Lucy says:

What a wonderful post and those kids did a wonderful job :)

16 April, 2012 at 3:18 pm
  • amanda says:

dad and daughter saw lorax this weekend. they said it was good, I didnt expect it to be like this…now I want to go. :-)

orange-red-cone-flower

16 April, 2012 at 3:38 pm
  • JamericanSpice says:

I think the kids will love to get involved this season.

I love your post and your music with the theme.

Enjoy your week!

16 April, 2012 at 4:05 pm
  • Stacy Uncorked says:

How awesome are those kids? Princess Nagger and I thoroughly enjoyed the music – and appreciate the message contained within, too. ;) LOVE your choices! :)

Springsteen with Boots On; Hey Pretty Girl Tonight Is The Night

16 April, 2012 at 4:11 pm
  • Naila Moon says:

@Cathy-who needs small fries…we are going! LOL
    Great stuff!
    ~Naila Moon

17 April, 2012 at 1:10 am
  • xmasdolly says:

These are wonderful. Look at these great kids. Thanks so much for sharing. Sure put a smile on my face & I needed it my friend. Hey was wondering if you’d like to take Cathy’s place next month and be our honorary conductor? Let me know if you have the time. Cathy and you sure do have the beat and the heart to know what our followers want. This Post has really touched my heart I know. That first one is so well put together and those kids are really into it. Totally love Dr. Seuss I’m gonna have to see that cartoon? Too cool. I listened each one and watched all the way through. These are too cool. What great kids.

17 April, 2012 at 1:56 pm