Disclaimer: I received free Werther’s Original® products in order to host the Werther’s Original® sponsored MommyParties. The opinions and recipes shared here are my own.
When I received my MommyParty “Baking Bash” kit full containing 12 bags of Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, the creative baking wheels began to spin for Iron Chef Allan and me. A sweet excitement began to fill the house as we concocted all possible yummy goodies that we could bake using the secret ingredient of Werther’s Original Baking Caramels. Although games and recipes cards were included with the kit, it’s much more fun to experiment and create our own.
I immediately thought the caramels would make a lovely addition to a cookie and I decided to use my Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chip Cookies as the base for a caramel cookie recipe. I omitted the dried cranberries and replaced them with Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, but cut the caramels into quarts to make smaller chunks of caramel for cookie purposes. As in the Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, I added the white chocolate chips and the caramels at the end.
My Werther’s Original Baking Caramels and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies were served at our Halloween party along with Werther’s Original® Baking Caramels samples to try. The party and the cookies were a delicious success, although the cookies added an extra scary sweetness to an already spooktacular event.
|Werther’s Original Baking Caramels and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies||
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 15 Werther’s Orignal Baking Caramel, quartered
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Then, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Then, add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Add white chocolate chips and baking caramels and mix gently through batter (a few low turns on mixer).
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes approximately 2 ½ dozen cookies.