Advent Calendar: Day 7

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev’rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. – Harlan Miller

From start to finish, Denise is Run DMT, a Tampa Bay marathon mom on the run trying to maintain an easy pace through it all between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 13, 9, 4). In 2007, I discovered a passion for running and in February 2015, I completed my tenth marathon, however, I continue to train for a variety of races and triathlons. In my spare time, I founded Tampa Bay Bloggers, a hyperlocal blogging network.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusYouTubeYelp

• Run DMT says:

You are so silly, but thank you for that! :-) Yes, there is something planned for each day leading up to Christmas. I leave some boxes empty just in case something comes up in the neighborhood. This year, Allana offered some activities that she like to do. Some activities are crafts. Other days include events around town like this. Our moms group Christmas party is also party of our Advent calendar.

1. Jill says:

We did the same outing last year but I never thought incorporating it into our Advent calendar. Thank you for sharing your idea and your beautiful family.

2. Sara@MommaFindings says:

How fun is that?! We have two advent calendars. One where we hang an ornament for every day and the other where we draw a personalized Biblical character with our thumbs (it’s cute), but I need something like this where they get a little prize and a sweet message. Awesome lights!

3. Erin says:

I love your pictures- one is better than the next –

I love the Advent Calendar – I love Chik-fil-A –

I love the lights, the season, the song!!

A fan was born!!! FABULOUS!

4. Steph says:

Ooh, I want an advent calendar to tell ME to go to Chick Fil A!! ;)

Happy WW! Hope you get a chance to stop by! Ihttp://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com/

5. If I Could Escape . . . says:

We always made a night of driving around or walking around my ‘hood to see all the Christmas lights. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I love the photos. Showed them to L and alls he said was he wanted to go to Chick-fil-a! LOL x

6. Kyooty says:

oh I love the Merry of your Christmas Pictures!! the advent calandar is beautiful. The girls all look like they are encased in the magic of all those lights.

7. Bibi says:

I love your idea about putting it into a jar….if only,lol.

Lovely pictures and I love the Advent calendar message. I don’t feel like cooking tonight.