Run DMT

I'm a mom on the run!

Run DMT - I'm a mom on the run!

Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlife

The morning after the rapture, I checked my forehead in the mirror for the mark of the beast. Pleased to find a mark-free forehead, I went for a post-apocalypse morning run. However, I became a little nervous when I saw NO ONE on the road, not even cars on their way to church. I assumed the churchgoers had been saved from impending earthquakes and being swallowed up by the earth. Then I spotted other runners and I realized runners can withstand earthquakes because we’ve got tiger blood. Sinning!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/pHCdS7O248g?fs=1&hl=en_US]

Thankfully, my family and I are still here along with most of my Facebook friends and Twitter followers, who admitted being left behind through a rapture roll call. If Saturday, May 21 was Judgement Day, being left behind doesn’t feel so bad if I can spend it with my loved ones and live to see another beautiful day. This is my heaven.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/co6WMzDOh1o?fs=1&hl=en_US]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/rVTlueB-ReI?fs=1&hl=en_US]

Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlife

Visit AmandaXmas Dolly and Hairbows & Guitar Picks for more Music Monday fun.

Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlife

Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlife

Living life as a mom on the run between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 11, 7, 2). Before a blissful life as a SAHM, I taught elementary school for 7 years. In 2007, I discovered a passion for running. I'm currently training for a fourth marathon as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. In my spare time, I am the lead organizer for the Tampa Bay Bloggers on Facebook. I'm currently training for two marathons as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. From start to finish, I'm a mom on the run trying maintain an easy pace through it all.

twitter Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlifefacebook Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlifelinkedin Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlifepinterest Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlifeyoutube Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlifeyelp Rapture followed by a Beautiful Day in The Afterlife

• Dominique@Dominique's Desk says:

Great selection of songs.. My favourite is the U2 song out of the selection.

23 May, 2011 at 6:41 am
  • hair Bows & Guitar Picks says:

Awesome song choices today….I love U2!

23 May, 2011 at 7:35 am
  • Cathy Kennedy says:

Great choice with Blondie’s Rapture. It looks like the preacher man got it wrong, so there’s no worry there. You still have time to get your free pass to heaven. =D

Cathy Kennedy, Children’s Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Read today’s post …
    I Love 80s Music!

23 May, 2011 at 8:06 am
  • allstarme says:

I was pretty happy to see the world didn’t end; I was feeling guilty for not having run my long on Saturday. So with Sunday intact, I got to go. ): Happy Monday.

23 May, 2011 at 8:38 am
  • Larry H. says:

Fantastic post and great song choices. I’m a big fan of all three, especially Debbie Harry’s voice, U2′s music, and Paul Simon’s lyrics.

I had never heard about May 21, 2011 until a few days ago. Part of me thinks that some official invented the church and the 5/21 rapture prediction so people would be less anxious about Dec. 21, 2012 (which is also false, but at least is a historically authentic prediction). Having an early false alarm may lessen panic by creating a “been there done that” attitude in people concerning apocalyptic prophesy.

23 May, 2011 at 10:54 am
    • Run DMT says:

That would make a great t-shirt: “Rapture May 21, 2011- Been there. Done that! Bring on 2012!” LOL

23 May, 2011 at 11:01 am
  • Dollycas says:

Fabulous choices,wonder what someone will come up next to “scare” the world!!!

23 May, 2011 at 1:37 pm
  • Stacy Uncorked says:

I figured if you were still around I didn’t actually miss the Rapture… ;) LOVE your song choices – perfect!! :)

The World Didn’t Come to an End, So Let’s Enjoy Some Music!

23 May, 2011 at 2:13 pm
  • JamericanSpice says:

You were left behind? Man you are so hanging with the wrong crowd :) *giggle*

Love your song choices.

23 May, 2011 at 5:22 pm
  • artsnark says:

Excellent picks! Glad to hear that you remain unblemished ;) Have a fantastic week

23 May, 2011 at 5:38 pm
  • Jessica says:

Hi! Following you from the Monday blog hop! I Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
    - Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

23 May, 2011 at 9:41 pm
  • eof737 says:

Hi there,
    I stopped by again from the Monday’s Music Moves Me Blog Hop. Thankfully, the world didn’t end. Do stop by… :-)
    Have a great week!
    Elizabeth

24 May, 2011 at 6:11 am
  • blogger broadcast says:

I like Beautiful Day, perfectly relaxing.

How to import blog posts to Facebook Page

24 May, 2011 at 1:08 pm
  • Val says:

Love Blondie! She never ages … I’ve been listening o her since the late 1970′s :-)

~Val