Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

In Sunday’s ad, Target offered a mail-in form for a FREE reusable shopping bag in exchange for five plastic Target bags.

EPS 100418 p11 d 040803c o Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

And did you know that when you bring your reusable shopping bags to Target, you can receive five cents off your purchase for each reusable bag?  Talk about saving some green for being green!

But if I mail in my Target bags, what will I use for my trashcan liners?

trashcan Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

And my shower caps?

showercap Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

From start to finish, Denise is Run DMT, a marathon mom on the run trying to maintain an easy pace through it all between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 13, 9, 4). In 2007, I discovered a passion for running and I'm currently training for a seventh marathon as well as a variety of other races. In my spare time, I founded Tampa Bay Bloggers, a hyperlocal blogging network.

twitter Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetfacebook Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetlinkedin Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetpinterest Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetgoogleplus Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetyoutube Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Targetyelp Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Target

1. parenting BY dummies says:

The shower cap, awesome! If we turned all of ours in, The Dudes would be lost come winter as we’ve been known to use them as shoe covers (in the absence of boots) and mittens (because they usually can only find the cloth ones that are no good in the snow). Yes, we are that family.

2. Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud says:

What a great offer! I had no idea. Thanks for the head’s up and the great photo at the end. lol
    I’m so glad you stopped by to link up again this week. Oh and thanks for the award. I’ll be working on that tomorrow! Have a great day.

Kristi, Live and Love…Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

3. Mellisa says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shower cap! I am looking into reusable bags…I bought a bunch at walmart…but it’s a pain at checkout and the cashier always give me grief…I need a simple easy way to use them.

4. This Belle Rocks says:

Well…save some, and mail some in? LOL. Target gave these bags out this past Sunday here in my neck of the woods. I really love the design on them this year :)

And I say it’s not a waste if you’re actually *using* the bags, instead of just tossing them.

Happy WW!

5. Tracy AKA The Mayor! says:

Too funny! Oh SO TRUE! Despite the going green aspect, which I’m totally on board with, every garbage can in my house has a plastic shopping bag in it!! AND I’ve used them as shower caps many times LOL! Whatever shall we do once they are gone forever??! Teehee!
    :-D

6. angie says:

Hey, that’s cool, although it’s too bad they won’t just give shoppers a free bag to reuse each time they shop in person rather than mailing in for it!