Something Fishy About This One

I’ve previously mentioned about my slight obsession with manhole covers ever since my husband decided to collect cuff links that resembled city sewer works. While visiting Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in Downtown Tampa for the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, my family and I stumbled upon another fancy manhole cover that I hadn’t noticed before.

Something Fishy About This One

Something Fishy About This One

Something Fishy About This One

From start to finish, Denise is Run DMT, a Tampa Bay marathon mom on the run trying to maintain an easy pace through it all between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 13, 9, 4). In 2007, I discovered a passion for running and I'm currently training for a seventh marathon as well as a variety of other races. In my spare time, I founded Tampa Bay Bloggers, a hyperlocal blogging network.

twitter Something Fishy About This Onefacebook Something Fishy About This Onelinkedin Something Fishy About This Onepinterest Something Fishy About This Onegoogleplus Something Fishy About This Oneyoutube Something Fishy About This Oneyelp Something Fishy About This One

1. Galit Breen says:

I’ve never seen such a purdy one before! Hmm- maybe I’ve just never looked?! Well done, lady! Well done, indeed!

2. Lucinda says:

That is eye-catching! Nothing like that around here. And it looks like the photo was taken on a sunny day too. Don’t see that around here either.

3. Lorie Shewbridge says:

That is really cool! I have never seen pretty manhole covers.
    Our town has the same design on all of ours that is the “Community” design which is all over everything.
    I really think that is so pretty.

4. Faythe @ GrammyMouseTails says:

I have never seen such a colorful manhole cover. I did laugh a bit after reading it, since it is technically a sewer cover. Interesting collection to snap. thanks for your comments on the difference of the cameras, most people don’t read my blatherings ;)

5. Sherree says:

Now you have got my curiosity up. I will have to start looking at the man holes and see if I can find any that are decorated. Thanks for sharing. I have come over from the “Lady Blogger Tea Party”.

6. Hannah says:

I think of the beach and then I think of how clean and beautiful it should stay. Pretty nice! We have little red lobsters near our storm drains but nothing like this!
    Happy WW!

7. John says:

Damn it! I’ve never thought to looking down and observe manhole covers, but now that you’ve put the thought in my head I will probably start doing it everywhere I go. That will irritate whoever I’m walking with, but I doubt I’ll be able to stop!

8. Scott says:

I’ve never even seen a decorated manhole cover–till now, that is!
    It’s quite beautiful–I can’t help but be reminded of what Jesus says about “whited sepulchres” (for some strange reason)!

9. tracy says:

that is so great. lovely photo as well.

when i was growing up, the city my grandparents lived in (niles, michigan) has painted all of their fire hydrants. it was a lovely little touch that made visiting my grandparents’ house just that much more fun. :)