Run DMT

I'm a mom on the run!

Run DMT - I'm a mom on the run!

A Wonderful Father’s Day

A Wonderful Fathers DayThis weekend was full of wonderful, simple days for Father’s Day.

Friday, we enjoyed a movie date night with our friends, Chrissy and Mike for a showing of Prometheus.  Believe the hype.  It’s as incredible as you’ve heard. I loved it.  Well, I loved what I could see through my obstructed view as I kept peeking through my hand-covered eyes.  Yes, I was the chick you heard shrilling behind you.

On Saturday, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Bombay Masala with my SIL and her family.

Then on Father’s Day, my parents came over for breakfast but not before the kids and I showered Dad with all the wonderful homemade gifts we crafted, thanks to Pinterest.

With acrylic based paint pens for glass, I traced their hands and then they decorated their dollar store pint glasses.  My girls came up with some clever sayings for their hand-printed pint glasses.  Allana’s listed different types of alcoholic beverages on her handprint and wrote, “You’re drinking again?!”   Emmalynn wanted to hers to say, “Cheers to a great daddy!” Allana thought “Mine!” would be a funny phrase for Liam’s pint glass.

pintglasses A Wonderful Fathers Day

We also gave Dad this D-A-D frame.

A Wonderful Fathers Day

A Wonderful Fathers Day

(The frame is from Marshalls.  I found cardboard pressed D and a letters at Michael’s and painted them with red acrylic paint.  I had each child hold a letter as I took their photo snapped several photos.)

fathers day frame1 A Wonderful Fathers Day

Emmalynn made Dad another photo gift in school.

BWgift A Wonderful Fathers Day

Allan loved all his gifts.  I loved the outtakes for the photos that didn’t make the frame.

fathers day outakes1 A Wonderful Fathers Day

But I truly loved the simple gifts and fun which made Father’s Day weekend simply wonderful.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/v/-UTq_EhaDUU?version=3&hl=en_US]

How was your Father’s Day?
Tell me with a song. Link up and share your Father’s Day inspired Music Monday post or whatever music is moving you today.

A Wonderful Fathers Day

Visit Xmas Dolly and Jade Louise Designs for more Music Monday fun.

*Also sharing at*

PP A Wonderful Fathers Day

pinterest 500x150 A Wonderful Fathers Day

Denise Mestanza-Taylor+

A Wonderful Fathers Day

Living life as a mom on the run between races and raising three beautiful, brilliant children (ages 11, 7, 2). Before a blissful life as a SAHM, I taught elementary school for 7 years. In 2007, I discovered a passion for running. I'm currently training for a fourth marathon as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. In my spare time, I am the lead organizer for the Tampa Bay Bloggers on Facebook. I'm currently training for two marathons as well as a variety of other races and triathlons. From start to finish, I'm a mom on the run trying maintain an easy pace through it all.

twitter A Wonderful Fathers Dayfacebook A Wonderful Fathers Daylinkedin A Wonderful Fathers Daypinterest A Wonderful Fathers Dayyoutube A Wonderful Fathers Dayyelp A Wonderful Fathers Day

• xmasdolly says:

Awww How sweet you shared your Father’s Day with us. You are one special lady with special kids to give Special Dad such a special present. Cool song you’ve shared with us. It’s new to me, but it’s really neat. Thanks and hope you have a great week.

18 June, 2012 at 8:45 pm
  • JamericanSpice says:

Wow you all had a wonderful time. I love the photos and the great gift ideas that makes it personal.

Nice selection too.

Enjoy your evening!

18 June, 2012 at 9:38 pm
  • Stacy Uncorked says:

Awwwwww! Those gifts are the BEST!!! Love Love LOVE!! I was a slacker this year and didn’t have the kids make anything cool like that…or at all. Ooops! I’ll have to tuck these ideas away for next year. Might have to borrow a kid to do the Dad frame – or have them each hold up a ‘DA’ for DaDa… ;) Your kids are so awesome – and so stinkin’ CUTE!! :)

Love your song choice, too! :)

Chasing The Sun on a Pontoon while Drunk On You with a Groovy Little Summer Song on these Summer Nights in the Summertime!

18 June, 2012 at 11:12 pm
  • Jina @ Behold the Turtle says:

Those are great ideas! Your kids are so cute, and I love the Dad frame. And, those glasses are awesome!

18 June, 2012 at 11:25 pm
  • Rorybore says:

I think the daddy here would have loved to get Prometheus for his Father’s Day gift too. but he was working, so perhaps next weekend. The gifts you made are so wonderful!! The “dad” frame is such a great idea. love it. beautiful song.

19 June, 2012 at 11:45 am
    • Run DMT says:

Definitely plan to see Prometheus soon! It’s one you have to see on the big screen. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments about the gifts the kids and I made for Father’s Day.

19 June, 2012 at 4:41 pm
  • Classic NYer says:

That song is so sweet it literally brought tears to my eyes. And I’m in a public computer lab, so that’s NOT COOL. ::angry face::

Okay, I’m kidding (about the angry face, not the tears).

I love those glasses so much!

19 June, 2012 at 12:25 pm
    • Run DMT says:

Isn’t it a great song? I’ve been wanting to share this little gem for some time. I’m so glad you enjoyed. Sorry for making you cry in the lab. :-D

19 June, 2012 at 4:40 pm
  • Lucy says:

Loved the song :)
    Oh, I remember the years of homemade gifts, your kids did a great job with Mom’s wonderful assistance! Love the photos, so adorable!

19 June, 2012 at 4:43 pm
  • Pingback/Trackback

OFF! Backyard Party | Run DMT

• Naila Moon says:

What a great weekend for him. The kid’s photos are great!

Naila Moon

22 June, 2012 at 12:54 am
  • sandeeNC says:

LOVE the photo with your kids holding up the letters to spell out Dad, and from the expression on his face, I think he really liked it too! I’ve seen variations on this but your version made me tear up a little bit, especially the ou takes of the youngest holding the letter D up to his cheek!! Awesome job all around, thanks ever so much for linking up to Project Pinterest!

22 June, 2012 at 4:02 pm