Music Monday: Summertime Sadness

I may be alone in my feelings, but truthfully I have summertime sadness.

I love the summer.  Although the Florida heat can be a bit much at times, I love feeling the caressing rays of the warm sun.   Sunshine makes me happy and spending days in the sun with my family makes me really happy.

Seeing summer and September come to a close surfaces some bitter sweet emotions for me.  I am happy about Halloween and the holidays creeping in and with autumn comes cooler weather, but the shorter days of fall offers less time in the sun.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the fall holidays.  Dressing up in costumes for Halloween, enjoying turkey and all the fixings at Thanksgiving and all the Christmas celebrations too, but I enjoy the summertime activities more.  I’m not ready trade in my swimsuits for jeans just yet.

However, as a runner, there is an upside to summer coming to a close.  My times will improve as the weather cools.

So with bittersweet summertime sadness, it’s time to say goodbye to the lazy days of summer and hello to the faster days, holiday daze that lie ahead.

For Music Mondays, I’m now teaming up with my good friend and fellow Marathon Mama, Chrissy.

Visit Xmas Dolly and Jade Louise Designs for more Music Monday.

1. Jenny says:

It is such a bittersweet time of year! I’m going to lose my tan!

On a side note…I’m glad in some ways b/c my Athleta bathing suit did not even last the season! 🙁 So I’m bathing suit less right now! 😉

• Denise says:

I don’t even want to think about losing my tan. Waaaaaaa! I cannot believe your Ahtleta suit didn’t hold up. CRAZY! Because my cheap Wally World suits survived! A nice plug for Catalina swimwear! lol

2. XmasDolly says:

Luv LOve love those pics of you & the girls. My Lord there girl you just look like their older sister is all! Thanks for the introduction of the new tune too. Pretty good there my friend. Have to add it to my listening list to groove!

• Denise says:

Thank you! I’m not a big fan of Lana Del Ray but this song is my latest earwig. Not sure if that’s a good thing, tough. BTW…Our winter is pretty much your summer. lol Stay warm!

• Denise says:

Oh my goodness! lol I would die from frostbite if I had to wear gloves in September. I typically don’t break out the gloves until late December. Sometimes I will need to wear them on frost early morning runs before that though.

3. The Shoe Diva says:

I’m with Naila Moon, I’m ready for the rain to stop, cooler days equal the ability to add a few layers (as a fashion blogger, that’s a happy thing) 🙂 & as far as the tan, I’m looking forward to going back to my mocha color as opposed to my “dang you got black” (as my mom said the last time she visited me here in Florida look lol. I almost got a little sad though looking at some of the pictures. We do live in a beautiful place but even with shorter days comes a great breeze, less rain & more sun. Don’t despair Denise, summer will return soon enough.

4. Jan says:

I can so relate to that 🙁 How can it possibly be FALL?? Hubby and I were in the pool last night (Sunday) and saying, geesh, it will be October and the pool will really start to cool down and then we will have to find something else to do to chill out at night … makes me so very sad!

5. Rorybore says:

You are not alone at all….I am not quite ready to say good-bye to summer just yet either. I still have yet to have that lone day at the beach that I so craved.
    I’ll have to bring slippers and a comforter now.