Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Recipe and opinions are my own.
While folks up north are still lighting fireplaces, down south we’re firing up grills. Actually, here in Florida, we take for granted that it’s pretty much grilling season year round, but something about warm, sunny spring days screams cookout.
As a lean meat option, grilled chicken sandwiches are a favorite poolside cookout menu item. A grilled chicken sandwich makes for lighter fare but heavy on flavor if prepared the right way, such as a Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich topped with Naturally Fresh® Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw.
Naturally Fresh® Bleu Cheese Dressing is free from artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, and is made with buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks, so it packs a lot of punch that compliments any spicy Buffalo sauce. Or for a better-for-you, lower in fat option, try the equally rich in flavor but light on calories and fat Naturally Fresh Lite Bleu Cheese made with Naturally Fresh’s own nonfat buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks.
At your next spring cookout, add some cooling crunch to your hot Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with this simple Broccoli Slaw.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw
- 1 - 12oz Naturally Fresh® Bleu Cheese Dressing (or Naturally Fresh® Lite Bleu Cheese Dressing)
- 1 - 32oz bag Broccoli slaw
- Add broccoli slaw to large bowl; pour entire Naturally Fresh® Bleu Cheese Dressing onto slaw.
- Mix until well combined and fully coated. Chill until ready to serve.
- ¼ cup hot sauce sauce
- ¼ habanero hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of turmeric
- While chicken is grilling, combine hot sauce, habanero hot sauce, butter and turmeric in a small saucepan.
- Whisk on a low heat until well combined.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cutlets, split into quarters
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and pat down chicken breasts with paper towels; place in a large resealable bag. Add ingredients and massage into chicken breast. Seal and store in fridge for about an hour.
- Prepare grill by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Set grill to medium heat.
- Place marinated chicken breast on grill and cook until about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from grill and place in a large bowl; pour over Buffalo sauce and toss until coated.
- Serve on grilled Buffalo chicken breast on a roll topped with Naturally Fresh ®Bleu Cheese Cole Slaw.
Naturally Fresh puts high-quality, home-style ingredients in their products – and you can taste the difference. For instance, Naturally Fresh uses real chunks of aged bleu cheese and their own buttermilk in their Bleu Cheese dressing as well as real herbs and spices like basil, black pepper, spicy ginger and tangy mustard seeds in many sweet and savory dressings and dips.
While many other brands add artificial flavors and colors that change the way the food tastes and looks, as well as preservatives that extends a dressing’s shelf life, Naturally Fresh does not use:
- Artificial thickeners to make up texture that should come from real ingredients.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Artificial preservatives.
- Artificial colors or flavors.
Taste the Naturally Fresh difference: Bleu Cheese, Lite Bleu Cheese, Classic Ranch, Lite Ranch, Ginger Dressing, Coleslaw Dressing, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Honey Mustard and more!
Enter to win a set of four (4) coupons for a free 12oz jar of Naturally Fresh dressing (maximum value: $3.99).
To enter, tell me what Naturally Fresh dressing you would like to try. For additional entries, follow the Rafflecopter prompt. Contest ends March 17. Coupons expire 7/31/16.