Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
While the weather may be cooling down up north and signs of autumn are appearing, down here in Florida it’s full on summer. The weather is warm and the supermarkets are still stocked with summer fruits and vegetables, which is perfect for Labor Day entertaining and cookouts.
For our hot Labor Day cookouts, the warm weather pairs well with a chilled Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red and Riesling. These sweet, light wines are best served over ice while soaking in the sun.
In my family, frozen yogurt and ice cream complete a Labor Day cookout or any other hot summer day. Since mangos are still in season here, I wanted to create a Mango Riesling Coulis for our next cookout.
The crisp, fruity ripe citrus and peach flavors of the Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling really compliments the mangos and are a perfect combination for a fresh fruit coulis. The Riesling and mangos blended with lemon juice and agave offer a tart, refreshing topping for your favorite vanilla frozen yogurt, ice cream or even cheesecake. For some added texture, alternate layers of ice cream with sponge cake and drizzle the Mango Riesling Couli over top.
- 3 fresh mangos
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1/3 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling
- Peel and slice mango. Reserve ½ cup of mango and cut into 1/8” cubes.
- Add mango slices into blender; add lemon juice, agave and Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling. On a low setting, blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour into bowl and stir in reserved mango. Chill for about an hour before serving. Serve coulis over vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
The #SundaySupper Movement and Gallo Family Vineyards have teamed up to share several recipes for Labor Day Entertaining.
Labor Day Beverages
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
For more Labor Day entertaining menu ideas , Gallo Family Vineyards has some great recipe suggestions.
Find where to purchase the Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red, Riesling or other great Gallo Family Vineyards wines here and save $1 on your next purchase with this coupon.
Learn more about their incredible selections of wines by following Gallo Family Vineyards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And this would make the most awesome banana split ever.
Oh, wow!! What an exquisite dessert topping!!! You have me craving an ice cream sundae for breakfast 🙂
Not good denise!!! Now I want wine and I can’t have it! lol
GREAT combination. The mango pairs so perfectly with the sweet notes of this riesling. This sounds so yummy!
Gallo’s Reisling is seriously my fave of all Reislings after the FWCon last month! I would totally make this refreshing treat!
Wow – what a great topping for ice cream or fro yo! I totally want to try this…
Did you really have the patience not to drink all of the coulis? I mean, I am not sure that I will be able to wait long enough to drizzle it over anything!
To be honest, I had to keep tasting it to make sure it was the right balance. 😉
This looks sooo good! I’m thinking of drizzling it over Greek yogurt for a late night great! 🙂
loving the sound of a mango and riesling coulis.. definitely inspired to recreate the recipe. love anything mango related and the added alcohol makes it an instant winner in my books.
Sounds so fresh and yummy. You could even stir it into some yogurt for breakfast!
Oh my goodness… can I come over and enjoy some with you? Wow!
What a fantastic dessert for summer entertaining, so simple, yet so bright and delicious!
What a wonderful dessert topping! Gallo’s Riesling would be perfect with the mango!!
Mango and Riesling is such a great pairing! Call me crazy but I think this would even be good on some grilled chicken or something.
Comments are closed.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers