Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I love Halloween. Unlike most people, I’m not into the frights but more the sights of the season. I love the costumes, the decorations, but especially the food. Keeping with the spirit of the season, every year my friends and I throw an adult Halloween potluck party and I always love all the bewitching dishes everyone creates. From the cakes to the cocktails, I love sinking my fangs into all the frightfully fun foods.
In keeping with my spellbinding Halloween recipe creation tradition, I wanted to create a new cocktail for my Halloween party guests. Just in time to work my magic, Gallo Family Vineyards sent me two bottles of wine to sample: Red Mocato and Merlot.
Since the Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato offers a fruity, sparkling flavor profile, I used the Red Moscato to create a simple sangria recipe. By trimming a glass with eight small strips of black licorice, it transforms into a Red Moscato Spider Sangria. Perfect for Frightfully Fun Entertaining!
- 1 bottle Gallo Family Vineyard Red Moscato
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Juice of two limes
- 5-10 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Black lace licorice cut into 6” parts
- Using a large pitcher, combine GFV Red Mocato, brandy, orange juice, club soda, lime juice and red food coloring; stir. Add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour sangria over ice; shake. Pour iced sangria into a wide-rimmed wine goblet. Decorate glass with eight black licorice pieces to resemble spider legs.
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
For more Frightfully Fun Entertaining menu ideas for Halloween, Gallo Family Vineyards has a few treats to share.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more greatSunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.