When I first tasted Florida Cane Vodka Orlando Orange last year at the Florida Cane Vodka tasting room, I thoroughly enjoyed the velvety smoothness and ever so light sweetness of the vodka. As the case with most of the Florida Cane Vodka artisan flavors, this premium vodka is the type you can pour over ice and enjoy straight up. Although due to the craftsmanship spent into developing these gorgeous spirits, all the varieties of the Florida Cane Vodka also make some truly exceptional cocktails.
On a whim, Iron Chef Allan and I omitted the usual Petron Citron from our homemade margarita mix and replaced with a bit of Florida Cane Vodka Orlando Orange. The results produced a lighter, crisper margarita rather than an overly sweet margarita.
I have to say, it was a winner in my books.
Now ORANGE you glad I shared our Florida Cane Vodka Orlando Orange Margarita cocktail recipe with you in time for Cinco de Mayo?
- 1 - 16 oz Nelle’s Key Lime Juice
- ¾ cup agave
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 5 cups water
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a bowl. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Mixture will keep for six weeks. (If consuming all of the mixture immediately, there’s no need to boil the mixture.)
- 4 oz Iron Chef Allan's Margarita Mix
- 1 ½ oz Espolon Reposado Tequila
- 1 ½ oz Florida Cane Vodka Orange Orlando
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Salt (optional)
- Fill a pint glass (16 oz) with ice. Add tequila and vodka. Top up with margarita mix. Add a twist of lime.
- Pour contents in a shaker. Shake well.
- Pour into pint glass or a salted margarita glass.
I love margaritas, but can’t stand if they’re too sweet, so I am digging both the Margarita Mix and the whole concoction! YUMMMM!
You will love this! Allan really makes the best margaritas. I’m ruined for when we go out and I order one from the bar. 😛
I love sweet drinks! This sounds amazing! 😉
I’m not too much of a sweet drink girl, but I’m still intrigued to try these drinks. Every drink has an equal opportunity for enjoyment in my book.
That’s the beauty of making a homemade cocktail mix. You control the sweetness. I find the mixes you buy in the store are overly sweet because of all the HFCS.
Hmmm! Interesting! I’m a tequila fan, but I’ve never had a margarita with vodka before. I think I will have to check it out!!
It’s truly delicious! The orange vodka really finishes it.
Is it 5 o’clock yet???? Looks amazing…can’t wait to try it!
That looks absolutely amazing…Now I HAVE to get that vodka! WOW!!
Comments are closed.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers