After a triathlon or a half marathon, I often crave fried chicken or wings. It didn’t help that the Frankenfooter half marathon’s finish line ended right next to the Port Richey Hooters. Those deep fried Buffalo wings were calling me.
That day, I managed to keep my cravings at bay, but I begged Iron Chef Allan to grill some of his famous Grilled Buffalo Wings for me. These bad boy Grilled Buffalo Wings definitely satisfy my craving to tear into to some deep fried hot wings. Iron Chef Allan’s Grilled Buffalo Wings really are an exceptional alternative to any deep fried favorites.
The secret to his recipe is to marinate the wings in olive oil and garlic for a few hours before grilling. The marinade prevents the chicken from drying out, as well as grilling the wings on the lowest heat. As the wings char and crisp over the fire, the garlic caramelizes which adds some sweetness to the hot sauce.
The hot sauce is a combination of Frank’s Original RedHot Hot Sauce and a mild habanero sauce. We love Frenchy’s Habanero Hot Sauce, but any mild habanero without too much heat will do. The combination of the two sauces offers plenty of heat and the sweetness of the caramelized garlic finishes the flavor and the fire perfectly.
- 20 drummettes
- ¼ cup olive
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Original HotSauce Hot Sauce
- ¼ habanero hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of tumeric
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss drummettes in marinade. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least two hours.
- Grill drummettes on lowest heat for at 3o minutes or until fat is rendered out and skin is crispy; turn occasionally.
- As wings grill, combine Frank’s HotSauce, habanero hot sauce, butter and turmeric in a small saucepan. Whisk on a low heat until butter melts and sauce is well combined.
- Remove wings from grill and place in a large bowl. Cover wings with Buffalo sauce and toss until coated. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
I love wings! I often bake, or grill too. Very yummy!
Those sound amazing! I’m definitely bookmarking this.
Yum! I love chicken wings and wish my husband wasn’t allergic to chicken.
Oh man, I have a friend who is allergic to chicken. That is no joke. I would starve if I was allergic to chicken. It’s my favorite meat.
Oh Yummy!!! my middle son is addicted to Frank’s Red Hot and Buffalo sauce.
Comments are closed.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers